Let’s be real, there are things we parents face each day that are far more terrifying than ghosts, goblins and the rest of the Halloween crew. So, while this time of year can be rather scary, I’m here to help you put things back into perspective. Here are 23 not-so-spooky-things that are sure to fright long after you’ve finished raiding your kid’s Halloween candy haul post-bedtime.
1. Your kid’s math homework
2. Having to make small talk with other parents at a kid’s birthday party
3. That moment when you realize that your kids have been quiet for the past 20 to 30 minutes
4. You notice a fellow classmate with a runny nose at daycare dropoff. Your kid (aka entire family) is coming down with a cold in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 …
5. That questionable substance stuck on the tip of your toddler’s pointer finger
6. The awkward questions your threenager asks during what feels like the longest and most crowded elevator ride of your life
7. Teenagers on social media
Read the full list of things Parents Think Are Way Scarier Than Ghosts and Goblins at mom.me.